Sunday, October 25, 2009

Birthday Blog

October 23rd 1979..... wow. This has been a long time coming. I really never thought this day would come. It seems strange like I beat the odds. Like I'm some rare bread. Trouble-making rebel preachers kid who actually reached the old age of 30. It was hard for me when Brett turned 30. The thought of being married to a 30 year old, or even being intimate with him aren't their laws against that. :) GROSS. Just kidding. It is surreal to me that I'm finally here. Each year is a gift. This long road was bumpy, twisted, winding, with cliffs on each side of me. 2 words progressive sanctification. I am not what I once was. And I'm not yet what I'm going to be. I had a fun weekend. I got to swap mums with my friend Anne. Go to the football game, go to a movie with my kids, and had surprise visits from my Mom and my best forever friend Sarah and her pretty boy Alex. It was a good weekend. I want to say a special Thank you to all of you for sticking it out with me through the tough times. For loving the unlovable and enduring this road with me. You'll never know how much it means. Thanks You God. Thanks for this life you've given me. Attached is one of my favorite songs. This is my song of praise to God for another year. If you have time watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfy2JVLaCTw



3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday again! I love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you another fabulous year Libby! 30 really isn't so bad . . . try hitting 35!! That means 40 is coming up soon for me, I am NOT ready to face that!
    I am so happy for you, you sound wonderful :-)
    All my love to you and the family.
    Lisa
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 it not old! Wait until your husband turns 35 that was hard for me to get. I am so proud of the woman that you have become.

    ReplyDelete